Thursday 18 September 2014

STORY OF CHANDULAL

We want anything and everything except Krishna: Krishna makes it very clear, because we are greedy and because we have forgotten Him and because we want anything and everything except Krishna and because we create all the favorable arguments that I will become Krishna conscious when all these things are met, I will become more serious in study of Bhagavatam when these conditions are met, The truth of the matter is the conditions are never met. The day never comes and it will never happen. We all know about the story of Chandulal. We all are Chandulals.

Narada Muni approached Krishna in Dwaraka and said there is a nice devotee called Chandulal, what should we do with him. Krishna told Narada muni, if you want you tell Chandulal that I am waiting even now to bring him back to Me. Maharaj told this story in Dwaraka. It is the popular story in Dwaraka. Narada muni comes out of the Dwaraka palace, takes a walk down and knocks at the door of Chandulals house. Chandulal said Maharaj we are very happy to see you, please come inside and sit down. Narada muni said, Dont waste time now, enough sitting down and everything, Krishna says now He can take you back. Are you willing to come back Chandulal said, Yes Maharaj even now I am ready. Krishna is very great, He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He is ishvarah paramah krishnah sac-cid-aaanda-vigrahah anaadir aadir govindah sarva-kaarana-kaaranam. I am very happy.

Narada said, You please stop talking. Are you ready to come with me Chandulal promptly replied, Maharaj even now I am ready but just see I am just married. My wife is very young. If I want to leave her now, do you know how much bad it will appear to the society Not for me but for how they will think what kind of person Krishna is He takes away the young man from his wife. Society will not think very kindly. As a devotee, it is our duty Maharaj to make sure that we keep the flag of our society flying so that vaishnavas are not looked down and Krishna must have good reputation. Then Narada said, That is not a problem, ok tell me now how much time you need Chandulal said, Let me settle her down, once child is born she will forget about me. So Chandulal asked Narada muni to come after few years.

Narada muni came back after few years and saw children are running around. Everything looks very nice. Narada muni asked Chandulal, Are you ready to come Chandulal said, Maharaj even now I am ready but just see we have one problem. Wife is there, children are there and I also have my mother in the same house. You know Maharaj when you put one woman in one kitchen it is alright, but when you put two women in one kitchen it is kurushetra. I am trying very hard daily to adjust my wife with my mother. So this daughter-in-law, mother-in-law thing is there Maharaj. It is my duty as a family member to make sure everything is settled. So you give me 2-3 years everything will get settled and things will be fine. Now children are young, let the children become little old. Narada muni said, Alright but time is running.

In a few years, Naradi muni came back and saw grandchildren also. So Chandulal has no more excuse to give. And when he saw Narada muni, he wanted to hide. But in running up the stairs, he falls down the stairs and breaks his neck and Yamaraj comes. Narada muni is very sad and the wife of Chandulal is very sad. They look at Narada muni and think that because of him Chandulal died. So Narada muni decided to leave the place. Narada muni went to see Krishna. Narada muni told Krishna, I now understood what You mean when You asked me  Really Chandulal wants to come back!.

Even when we are given the rarest chance to be at the lotus feet of Krishna, we find all the favourable arguments in material energy to say not now!. I will read Bhagavatam but just give me one year. I will slowly do these things but I need some more time. When the eagerness is not there, there is no way to go to Krishna. That is the reason why we are always in trouble. That is the reason why we are not pacified.

No comments:

Post a Comment